Tuesday, February 3, 2009

HIPPY PUNK


I love Punk.
I love Surf Punk.
I love Urban Punk.
I love Country Punk.
..and sometimes even Material girl punk.
...but, mostly I love Hippy Punk!
I know my hypocrisy knows no bounds, so I allow it to flow.
Maybe it's the yin/yang of it all, or just the juxtaposition of opposing ideals meshing into a marble display.

Seems kids these days are choking on pink and purple princess tulle or cartoon themed parades of bad taste. How do you know who you are if you are always dressing as someone else. Wearing the face of another just below your own, can give off mixed signals. Are you crying out to be noticed for you or who you wear on your sleeve?
My own memory was of hand made clothes from my Grandmother, that was subsidized by my Aunt's beach shop of Hang Ten stripes, slip-on vans, and Ditto's denim in every color.
The choices were simple then, but not so much any more.
If ever I had an occasion for a proper dress code, say first day of the first grade, graduation, picture day,... it always went the 'Sailor' way.
Simple, and to the point.

So, I gathered some tiny tees, and made what pleases me. Fun stuff to play in, with no worries of dribbles, spots or stains. Something simple and to the point.

Come out and play some day on etsy.com/terireeswang
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5801433

7 comments:

Shadow said...

hmmmm, i was just saying this weekend... a couple of years ago, there were no logos on t-shirt. a white shirt was a white shirt. now all are logo'ed. and to what purpose? because you support the company? the person depiced? or expressiong yourself? as you rightly ask... i don't think people actually know.

Kathy said...

My daughter is getting married in 5 weeks so I have been at a lot of malls lately....the clothes are not so cool right now. I'll see what seems to be a great top and then pull it off the rack and it has "stuff" all over it.

I love that shirt! I enjoyed the clothes of the 60's. Lots of fun, lots of color and lots of creativity!

Cecile/DreamCreateRepeat said...

Brings back memories of t-dying shirts with my girlfriends on hot summer days, cut-off shorts and dirty bare feet....

Saw you signed up at my blog....welcome. I'll be back to visit!

Campbell Jane said...

I love this shirt! I love punk and The Ramones still rock in my book. haha
Thanks for stopping by. I would love it if you played Altered Thoughts with me. I posted the rules I made up. Check it out and get busy girl!
Many blessings

Linda S. Socha said...

I confess. I do not know punk. I do know I love this shirt.
Linda

Linda S. Socha said...

I confess. I do not know punk. I do know I love this shirt.
Linda

Just Be Real said...

I am a hippie at heart, and I loved this post. Sorry to respond to an older post! Tie-dye, bright colors, love it! Peace and Far-Out dear!